The Elementary School Tournament main objective is to create a friendly and supportive environment where players from the different Elementary schools can play with each other in a 4 vs 4 formats while developing their understanding and enjoyment of the game. The tournament is a natural development of the Elementary After school program, as we use the same 4vs 4 format for scrimmaging and the tournament referees are the same coaches that train and play with the children at their school during the week.
- Tournament day: March 22 , 9:00 -11:00am.
- Arrival time, sing in and T-shirt pick-up: 8:15 to 8:45.
- T-shirt: select your child's size when registering for the Tournament.
- Location: Stopher Elementary, 14417 Aiken Road, Louisville 40245;
- Parking: right in front of the soccer field located in the back of the school building.
- Age: 5-10
- Tournament format: read here below for details.
- Registration: click here to register
- Registration deadline: 3.8 2020
TOURNAMENT FORMAT and REVISED LAWS OF THE GAME FOR U-6 & U-8 PLAYERS
1. FIELD OF PLAY. Its length/touchline being 25/35 yards and its width/goal-line being 15/ 25 yards. Goal area: NA. We use these same field measures for the Elementary after school program.
1a. NUMBER OF FIELDS. We will have a field every 3 teams. Each field will be numbered with a yard sing.
2. THE BALL. The ball is size 4.
3. NUMBERS OF PLAYERS/TEAM ROSTER. There are 5 players on a team.
3a. PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT ONE TIME. 4 players on the field and no goalkeeper.
3b. SUBSTITUTION. Unlimited.
3c NUMBER OF TEAMS. Depending upon the number of registrants. Every 5 players we will create a team. Players from different schools will be mixed up. We will communicate via email the team rosters one week prior to the tournament.
4. PLAYERS EQUIPMENT. White or blue or black shorts and socks, shin guards (mandatory) and a shirt. KSA will provide pennies of different colors.
5. REFEREE. The KSA coach and/or the parent volunteer.
6. DURATION OF THE GAME. 10 minutes with 5 minutes break in between games.
7. GROUP STAGE. Each group is comprised of 3 teams that will play each other in a round-robin style. The groups will be finalized one week prior to the tournament.
8. FINALS for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The winners of each group will play against each other for the first, second, third-placed, 4th place and so on depending on the numbers of the team. The winner of each group is the team that has the most points at the end of the games. In case of a tie, we will look at goals differential.
7. START and RESTART OF PLAY. Kicks-off is taken in the center field mark line. Opponents should be 10 feet away from the ball on all restarts. Goal kicks are taken at 2 yards distance from the goal line.
8. BALL IN and OUT of PLAY. The ball is out of play when it has wholly crossed the sidelines.
9. METHOD OF SCORING. The whole ball must cross the goal line between the goal post. the KSA coaches and assistant coaches will keep track of the score and will have to report to the Tournament coordinator at end of each game.
10: OFF-SIDE. No.
11. FOULS AND MISCONDUCT. No red card or yellow card. When a foul occurs the coach will award the ball to the other team.
12,13,14,15,16. Kickoffs, free kicks, throw-ins, goal kicks, and corner kicks are used to start or restart play; Kick-ins and/or dribble-ins are also acceptable; Goal kicks and corner kicks should be taken in the general vicinity of the respective goal or corner; If used, all free kicks are indirect; no penalty Kicks.
17. COMMON SENSE. Coaches and players are encouraged to shake hands with the opponent before and after the Game.