Fall 2019 Elementary After School Tournament
- Tournament day: October 13, 9:00 -11:00am. Arrival time, sing in and shirt pick-up: 8:15 to 8:45.
- Location: Stopher Elementary, 14417 Aiken Road, Louisville 40245; parking: right in front of the soccer field located in the back of ths school builiding.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT and REVISED LAWS OF THE GAME FOR U-6 & U-8 PLAYERS
1. FIELD OF PLAY: its lenght/touch line being 25/35 yards and its width/goal line being 15/ 25 yards. Goal area: NA. We use these field measures for the Elementary after school program.
1a. NUMBER OF FIELDS. We will have 4 fields. Each field will by numbered, look for the number hanging from the back of the red pop up goal.
2. THE BALL: size 4
3. NUMBERS OF PLAYERS/TEAM ROSTER: 5; players on the field at one time: 4, no goal keeper; substitution: unlimited.
3A. NUMBER OF TEAMS: 12
4. PLAYERS EQUIPMENT: white or blue or black shorts and socks, shin guards (mandatory) and a shirt. KSA will provide pennies of different colors.
5. REFEREE: the KSA coach and/or the parent volunteer.
6. DURATION OF THE GAME: 10 minutes with 5 minutes break in between games.
7. GROUP STAGE. 4 groups with 3 teams
8. FINALS for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The winners of each group will play against each other for the first, second, third placed and 4th place. The winner of each group is the team that has the most point, and in case of a tie we will look at goals differiential.
7. START and RESTART OF PLAY: Kicks-off are taken in center fild mark line. Opponents should be 10 feet away from the ball on all restarts.
8. BALL IN and OUT of PLAY: ball is out of play when its has wholly crossed the sidelines.
9. METHOD OF SCORING: the whole of the ball must cross the goal line between the goal post. the KSA coaches and assistaht coaches will keep track of the score and will have to report to the Tournament coordinator at end odf each game.
10: OFF-SIDE: no.
11. FOULS AND MISCONDUCT: no red card or yellow card. When a foul occurs the coach will award it to the other team.
12,13,14,15,16: Kick offs, free kicks, throw-ins, goal kicks and corner kicks are used to start or restart play; Kick-ins and/or dribble-ins are also acceptable; Goal kicks and corner kicks should be taken in the general vicinity of the respective goal or corner; If used, all free kicks are indirect; no penalty Kicks.
17. COMMON SENSE. coaches and players are encouraged to shake hands with opponent before and after the Game.