Thanks again for registering for the Elementary After School Soccer Program. We look forward to teaching and play soccer with your children this coming Fall. Here below is a list of Questions & Answers that will help you get ready for the program. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com
What is my player going to learn? During the 8 weeks program you can expect your player to learn about running and dribbling with the ball, ball mastery, beating and defending an opponent t in 1vs1, 2vs2, and 3vs3 situations, basic shooting, and passing, and to learn the basic tactical principle of attacking, defending and transition playing in small-sided games at the beginning and at the end of the session. members of the United Soccer Coaches and we have adopted the "Complete Coaching Curriculum for children age 3-18" as a framework for all the Academy programs. The program has a "Skill Development Chart" that allows parents to see what area and what skills are going to be addressed by the KSA activities.
Lou City Youth Academy affiliation The KSA Elementary After School Soccer Program is affiliated with Lou City Football club. While the two organizations use different curricula and activities, the focus on the technical area of intervention is the same. Coach Gionatan is currently on staff with the LC Junior Academy and coaches the U9 and U10 boys.
Are the children of different ages all players will be divided into two age groups, 5-6YOand 7-10YO but we allow some flexibility to accommodate exceptions. Players of different skills, heights, sizes, and gender will be playing together
Who are the Kicks Soccer coaches The coaches are all players/coaches/ trainers from the local Louisville soccer community and have experience in competitive and recreational soccer coaching. They all are background checked, have singed the KSA “Youth Coach and Parent Volunteer Code of Conduct ”.
What does my child need for practice? Cleats or tennis shoes and sheen guards (we like the ones can be inserted in a long pair of soccer socks because they are child friendly), sports pants and/or short and a water bottle. The KSA coaches will bring all the necessary equipment, including the soccer balls.
When and where do the KSA coaches meet with your children? A KSA coach will meet the children inside the school in a designated area at 3:40 the day of the soccer program. The school administration, the teachers, and the KSA coach all know where this area is located inside the school.
Attendance. The KSA coach will take attendance at 3:40 at the designated meeting area inside of the school building. The program will not start until all participants are accounted for. The school administration has a copy of the soccer roster sheet.
Where does the practice take place? In the school backyard or in the gym according to gym availability and weather conditions. A link to the field location can be found on the KSA website. Any changes will be communicated via email.
How does pick-up work? Pick-up is a 5:00 pm in the school backyard or in the gym. The parent or authorized person is warmly invited to arrive at 4:50. We also require parents/authorized persons to show their ID at the time of sign-out. If your child is in CEP a KSA coach will walk her/him to the CEP room after everybody else has been signed out of the program.
What if I am late? The KSA coach will call the number you have given at the time of registration and wait with your child until you arrive and sign him/her out. When you arrive, you will be asked by the coach to initial the attendance sheet and write your time of arrival. Late fee: $ 1 will be charged for each minute after 5:00 pm and a debit will be generated on your household, and you will be notified via email. If you know already that pick-up at 5:00 might be challenging for you, please consider registering your child to the YMCA CEP enrichment program.
How do I keep track of the schedule?
- Flyer: the program schedule is on the flyer you have received at your school.
- Weekly email: you will receive a weekly email with a calendar update.
How does Kicks Soccer Academy communicate with me when a class is rescheduled? You will receive an email notification by 1:00 pm. the canceled class will be rescheduled and the updated calendar will be share via email with your school
What about the weather? We follow the JCSPS policies and procedures.
What is the KSA COVID-19 protocol? In order to create a safe and healthy environment for everybody, KSA management and coaches will:
- Strictly follow the JCPS guidelines on Covid-19 and work closely with each school’s administration.
- When inside the building the KSA coaches and the children will wear a mask;
- Maintain a minimum distance of 6' from all players during each practice.
- Handle all practice equipment (cones, disk, etc.)
- Sanitize/clean all personal training equipment before and after each session (e.g. cones, discs, etc.)
- Always wear a face cloth mask when inside the building.
- When not actively coaching, maintain social distance requirements.
KSA will require players to:
- Wear a mask inside the school building, and right after an exercise is over when outside. The mask is not required during soccer activities.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s water bottle, or bag.
- place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
- Practice social distancing during practices.
- Avoid physical contact, group celebrations, no high 5’s, Hugs, handshakes etc. etc.
KSA will ask parents to:
- Immediately notify the school administration and the program manager if their player was exposed to Covid-19, shows symptoms, or tested positive.
- Keep the player at home for two weeks if they tested positive for COVID-19.